Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The French Fry Theory

Ever thought "This would be amazing with *insert food*!" while drinking a glass of wine or any libation for that matter?

I have. Most often this food is the all American salty carbolicious french fry. There is something about salt that enhances the flavor of most things. In wine, I find that it brings out the sweet flavors that you wouldn't normally pick out on your palate. People that really study wines believe this is why you should swish the wine in your mouth, the wine hits every part of your taste types (bitter, salty, sweet,etc.). I find however that swishing it around in my mouth takes too much time (update- I have become much better at doing this!). So, I choose the french fry route.

What are the foods you crave while drinking wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment