Monday, February 02, 2009

HOW FUN!

Welcome to the Swirl!

This idea came from sitting on a couch, drinking red wine and watching a movie, there we were and I said something insightful like "This wine tastes a lot like cinnamon candies!" I don't actually recall the flavor I said but I proceeded to get a look of confusion from my couch companion (updated- now my fiance!) . Feeling at this point I needed to defend myself, couch companion is also somewhat of a wine guy, I spouted off some fact that women have different taste buds from men. I stand by this and so does "epicurious" http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2008/01/chick-licks.html

I don't know how often I will post on here, maybe once a week..can't stay too wined up; I have a job during the week (updated- being inspired by my great friend Jaymee at http://www.eisforeat.blogspot.com/ I hope to post once or twice a week)...but when I do post it will list the wine I am drinking (year, price, label, yadada etc.) and the flavors I taste. I will tell you things like if it is sweet, salty, spicy and/or bitter. I will tell you the first flavor I taste and the last flavor I taste. I will try to stay away from flavors that aren't well known..ever read a wine label that says something like oak-y currants?...right, that is what I will not post. Updated! I hope to have at least once a month winery tastings to recommend and maybe score some vineyard visits along the way!

So wine non-aficionados this blog is for you. A simple opinion of wine flavors, per bottle. We will swirl, sniff, look at it and then enjoy. Remember I am NOT a wine expert! Although I might think about taking a class or two...then again I wouldn't want them telling me what to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment